Re: newbie dsssl question

[ Follow-ups to docbook-apps, please. ]

/ Steve Sarette <steve@sarette.com> was heard to say:
| In the last few days I've been playing around with DSSSL in an effort to
| customize the print stylesheets.  While I've made a fair amount of
| progress, I can't figure out how place sect1 titles in the
| headers/footers.  I can retrieve the first sect1 title that appears in a
| chapter, but I don't see how to get at the nearest sect1 title to the
| current page.

You can't. DSSSL only allows the headers and footers to be established
once for each simple-page-sequence (in this case, for each chapter).
Using multiple s-p-s's would introduce page breaks that you probably
don't want.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The follies which a man regrets
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | most are those which he didn't
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | commit when he had the