Re: Newbie question

>I know this is probably stupid and I probably have things set up wrong
>but could you possible give me a hint.
>
>I run a test document
>
>nsgmls -sv -E 1000 sample-docbook.xml
>
>I think it is finding the correct DTD but I get a set of the following
>errors for every file in the ent directory

[This answer is definitely going into the FAQ, Dave. :-)]

You need to tell nsgmls where to find the "SGML declaration of XML", so
that it can handle those entities.  This is usually kept in the file
xml.dcl.  However, its location varies from system to system, so
you'll need to find it.

(On a RedHat 6.2 Linux system) the following is more of what you want:

   nsgmls -wxml /usr/doc/jade-1.2.1/pubtext/xml.dcl sample-docbook.xml

(I'm not sure why you're adding -v above, since that tells nsgmls to
print out the version number.  I've added -wxml so that it prints out
warnings about non-xml constructs.)  If you're not on RedHat, you'll
need to find xml.dcl.

					m@

+-mbraun@urbana.css.mot.com-+- I was chasin' a ghost pale and white-----------+
|   Matt Braun -- Motorola, |    and hard to see;  The boys in blue from      |
|  Urbana, IL Design Centre |  Peculiar School are hangin' out in the dark    |
+Cellular Subscriber Sector-+--- and they're lookin' for me. ------------[SR]-+