Docbook XML tools

Hello,

I write with the DocBook XML v4.1.2 DTD. I want tools to convert my .xml
file to html and (.ps|.pdf)

I am using xsltproc for the html conversion, but don't know if there is
a better alternative. A quick list of the most popular tools would be
great. Of particular interest is automatic index generation. It seems
that jade is good, but at first glance it processes SGML and not XML.
Thanks!

Michael

Please direct me to a FAQ if this question is covered ;-)