Re: How Capitalize xref Text?

/ Jeffrey <oldham@codesourcery.com> was heard to say:
| 	How does one indicate the beginning of the text produced by
| xref should be capitalized?  For example,

There really isn't any way. I can imagine a few ways to do it. One
would be Michael's suggestion of an initial-cap version in the
context, but that would require some way of indicating that you wanted
that context. Another would be to provide some way of indicating that
the stylesheet should shift the first word to uppercase, but that
would be impossible to do in an I18N-friendly way and perhaps
impossible in general given the fact that titles can begin with
markup.

Honestly, on the occasions when I realize I want this, I just reword the
sentence. Sometimes the low-tech answers are just the easiest. :-/

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | If youth is a fault, it is one
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | soon corrected.--Goethe
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |