Re: class extends superclass

/ Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu> was heard to say:
| OK. That will work, and I can see how to extend it for interfaces too.
| Thanks! I still wonder if this shouldn't be an element of its own
| though. The notion of superclasses is pretty fundamental to object
| oriented languages. It could be written in a non language specific way
| like this:

Feel free to write a proposal :-)

|    <classsynopsis language="Java">
|       <ooclass>
|         <modifier>public</modifier>
|         <modifier>abstract</modifier>
|         <classname>SAXParserFactory</classname>
|         <superclass>Object</superclass>
|       </ooclass>
|     </classsynopsis>
|
| The stylesheets could figure out whether to make that "extends Object"
| or "::Object" or something else.

That's what they do now with ooclass[position() &gt; 1] :-)

| And why'll we're at it, it's mildly annoying that the paragraphs of my
| manuscript are littered with  <classname>String</classname>,
| <interfacename>ContentHandler</interfacename>, and
| <exceptionname>SAXException</exceptionname> but
| <literal>org.xml.sax</literal>. It's not a major problem, just a minor
| annoyance and inconsistency.

What would you prefer, <packagename>?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Many who find the day too long,
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | think life too short.--Charles
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | Caleb Colton