Re: howto add icons to para

On 2002-04-10 16:05 (Wednesday), Grobe, Gary wrote:
> Anyone have an ex. CSS body that would accept <note role="beginner"> or
> <note role="intermediate"> and show a small icon image in each note?

With CSS2, AFAIK, that's only possible with the <li> element :

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/generate.html#lists

Example :

li {
	list-style-image: myImage.png
}

Thus using this approach you would have to rely on DocBook elements that
are transformed by the stylesheets into <li> HTML elements.

That's not a good option. The right thing to do is to do customize
Norman's stylesheets to add images for roles "intermediate" and
"beginner".

Many think that XSL stylesheets are more easily customizable and I share
that opinion too. So if you have the choice between DSSSL and XSL,
better try customizing the XSL stylesheets.

And when it comes to stylesheet and application-related DocBook
questions, you should ask <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>.

Cheers,

--
Marc-Aurčle DARCHE  <http://www.cynode.org>