Re: Re: custom xsl stylesheet and import path

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 11:06:02AM -0700, Bob Stayton wrote:

> > >Can I have something like
> > >
> > >   <xsl:import href = '$PATH_TO_DOKBOOK/chunk.xsl'/>
> >
> > (e.g. Makefile) that invokes the XSLT processor defines the entity
> > 'xdbk_xsl_root', via a command-line option.  Then, your xsl:import element
> > would look like this:
> >
> >     <xsl:import href="&xdbk_xsl_root;/chunk.xsl"/>
>
> That's neat trick.
> But I don't see an option with Saxon or xsltproc to
> define an entity on the command line.  Which processor
> can do that?

As far as I can tell, xsltproc does not have such an option. You would
have to require the user to add such an entity to the XML catalog using
"xmlcatalog --noout --add ..."

xsltproc /does/ have a --stringparam, but I don't know if/how it's
possible to make xsl:import depend upon such a parameter somehow

Is there some convention for locating this information in a
make-friendly manner ?

regards
john

--
"Mathemeticians stand on each other's shoulders while computer scientists
 stand on each other's toes."