Re: characters technical iso entities with docbook-xml,and a mathml question

/ Lorenzo Delana <ldelana@libero.it> was heard to say:
| I see that docbook-xsl includes automatically iso-entities, so if I try to
| expand &isin; ( for math element is in set, symbol ) i get the right
| expansion to &#x220A; but nothing happens to rendered object html of pdf
| whatever it is... instead I get a square empty not connected to any glyphs.

That's because you don't have the right fonts. Or you don't have your
tools configured to use them. Or your tools can't use them. Or
something.

>From the perspective of the schema and the stylesheets, putting
&#x220A; in the HTML or FO file is "the right thing".

| How do I do to use these external character entities to make some simple
| formula in docbook-xml ?, please...

You'll probably want to run the glyphs you need through a tool that
will trim the excess whitespace off the images. Then you will
(probably) get better looking results.

| MathML question: Doesn't mathml produce graphic output in favour of equation
| edited ?

Nope.

| I need a browser that supports MathML... and all other see my
| page... Should I use mathML in some months when mozilla supports MathML in a

The only other answer, I think, is to find a tool that will
automatically convert your MathML into graphics. That probably
exists...

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Happiness is a how, not a what; a
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | talent, not an object.--Herman
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | Hesse