Re: Re: Building Where is the bibliography ?

Dave Pawson wrote:

> At 11:17 06/05/2002 -0400, Dan York wrote:
>
> > > Last time we (the DocBook Open Repository team) discussed it, the
> > > general feeling was that Make was still more broadly available than
> > > ant and was thus more appropriate.
> >
> >100% agreed... warts and all, make is still the only thing you can count
> >on finding on pretty much all versions of Linux/UNIX.  ant isn't there yet.
> >
> > > But I do wonder sometimes...
>
> Keep wondering Norm/Dan!
> make just plain ain't win32.

I'm able to make stylesheets in Win32 environment using Cygwin. Having
better and more automatically working making environment (based on make
or ant) will be plus, but there are more important things I think.
Normall people are not forced to build stylesheet. Even if they want to
apply some patch before official release, they can usually get one or
few modifed files from CVS and copy them over existing files. Build is
neccessary only if new parameters are added.

			Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz