RE: Attributes for text direction and language

This is what I get for dabbling in things I'm not
fully conversant in.  Following up on Chris's email
I checked with one of the unicode org's engineers,
who pointed me to another unicode report titled:
Unicode in XML and other Markup Languages.  It can
be found at: http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr20/

This report recommends that in XML markup, explicit
markup be used in place of the unicode bidi embedding
controls.  The engineer I spoke with emphasized that
you only add these markups when necessary to override
behavior of the bidi algorithm. Otherwise, just let
the implicit bidi do its thing.

Sorry for leading us into the weeds and thanks
to Chris for leading us back.

Dick