Re: Attributes for text direction and language

/ "Christopher R. Maden" <crism@maden.org> was heard to say:
| DocBook probably should add the equivalent of HTML's BDO elements or global
| dir attribute; in the meantime, you could use a generic <phrase> with a
| role attribute.

I think Chris is probably right. No one (as far as I know) on the
committee has extensive experience with bidi so we probably believed
that language was sufficient.

What I would really like are some (reasonably short) examples that
demonstrate (all of) the problems for which there is insufficient
markup.

I'm offline, if someone could file an RFE for this, I'd be grateful.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | "Abstraction, abstraction and
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | abstraction." This is the answer
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | to the question, "What are the