Re: Queries on calstblx.dtd file,docbookx.dtd and soextblx.dtd

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 07:56:59PM +0530, Nagareddy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am very happy to see the above files which were released recently by
> your company and downloaded the same from net.
> We have some queries related to the above files when compiled through
> DTD compiler as follows.
>
> 1)      When I try to compile calstblx.dtd, DTD compiler gives an
> error...
> Reference to undeclared ENTITY "ho"
> When I saw the file calstblx.dtd there was no declaration for "ho", i
> would like to know where the "ho" is declared and defined. How do I
> solve the above problem?
> 2)      Similarly, when I try to compile docbookx.dtd, DTD compiler
> gives an error...
> Added function "x20AC" never declared.
> When I opened file docbookx.dtd, there was a line saying <!ENTITY euro
> "&#x20AC;"><!-- euro sign, U+20AC NEW -->... How do I solve the above
> problem?
> 3)      Similarly, when I try to compile docbookx.dtd, DTD compiler
> gives an error...
> Expecting first '-' or 'O' minimization indicator.
>             How do I solve above problem?
>
>             Please give me some suggestion to solve above problems which
> will be great help.

The first problem occurs because the calstblx.dtd file is
not a standalone DTD, but is meant to be included in the
docbookx.dtd through an entity reference.  The ho parameter
entity is declared in docbookx.dtd.

The other two problems are probably occuring because you
are trying to compile the XML version of the DTD with an
SGML DTD compiler.  You should obtain the SGML version of
the DTD at
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/sgml/4.2/index.shtml
It has the filename 'docbook.dtd'.

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com