Re: Professor wants RTF / APA, what to do?

<mindfuq@comcast.net> writes:
>I have a professor who wants papers in RTF format, and they must be
>APA compliant.  I normally do everything in LaTeX to get the APA
>compliance, and submit PDF's; but the professor can't take PDF because
>he wants to be able to comment and redline on it and hand it back.
[...]
>So I'm starting to look into DocBook.  I read that DocBook can output
>RTF documents.  Can you folks tell me if it will do the job I need?

One possibility would be to use "jfor", a XSL-FO-to-RTF converter at:
	http://www.jfor.org
	http://sourceforge.net/projects/jfor

Sourceforge lists it as "alpha" quality.  I've never used it, so I cannot
attest to its stability or results--I've just heard about it.

So, the workflow would be to modify the DocBook XSL-FO stylesheets to meet
the APA formatting requirements, transform the DocBook to FO, and use
jfor to transform the FO to RTF.  However, as an alpha-level tool,
obviously, this may be fraught with peril. ;-)  Modifying the stylesheets
would also require learning some XSLT and FO.

					m@

+-mbraun@urbana.css.mot.com-+- I was chasin' a ghost pale and white ----------+
|   Matt Braun -- Motorola, |    and hard to see;  The boys in blue from      |
|Urbana/Champaign Design Ctr|  Peculiar School are hangin' out in the dark    |
+CellularSubscriberSomething+-- and they're lookin' for me. ------------[SR]-+