RE: separating sections from chapter titles / toc

Hi Tobias,
We use a hard page break that can be inserted wherever the author wants.

  <xsl:template match="para[@role='pagebreak']">
      <xsl:apply-templates />
       <fo:block break-after="page">&#160;</fo:block>
  </xsl:template>

This will force the authors to set a role, but you are very flexible.

Stephan