more customizing of the fo xsl stylesheets

Hi!

Thanks to Bob and Stephan, separating sections and chapter
summarizations from the chapters title-page works quit good
(except of some bugs in FOP). Who ever wants to try this, I've
put a little example together. You will find it at the end of this
mail.

Now I want to do a little bit more customization, but don't have a
clue how to do it or if it is possible at all:

1. I want to have a big margin on the left (or better the outer) side
of the page separated by a vertical line from the text.

2. Adminition-graphics should be placed outside of the text in this
big margin.

3. Each chapter title page should have a big grey vertical rectangle
spanning the whole page height. (To make it easier finding chapters,
when printed out.)

I couldn't find any examples, doing such things. So I would appreciate
any suggestions or hints.

Tobias

Here's the complete example on how to get a toc on each chapters title
page and have a chapter summarization or the first section
starting on the next odd page:

docbook:

<book lang="en">
  <bookinfo>
    <title>Book Title</title>
  </bookinfo>
  <chapter>
    <title>First Chapter</title>
    <para role="summarization"> This is the chapter summarization.</para>
    <sect1>
      <title>Section A</title>
      <para>This is a lot of text text text text text text</para>
    </sect1>
  </chapter>
  <chapter>
    <title>Second Chapter</title>
    <para role="summarization"> This is the chapter summarization.</para>
    <sect1>
      <title>Section B</title>
      <para>This is a lot of text text text text text text</para>
    </sect1>
  </chapter>
</book>

xsl customization:

<!-- forces page break before first child of chapter
     first child should be <title>, otherwise it won't
     work. i don't know why, but maybe someone can
     explain? -->

<xsl:template match="chapter/*[1]">
  <fo:block break-before="odd-page"/>
  <xsl:apply-imports/>
</xsl:template>

<!-- generate toc for book and chapter -->

<xsl:param name="generate.toc">
  book          toc,title
  book/chapter  toc,title
</xsl:param>

<!-- chapter summarization in bigger italic font -->

<xsl:template match="para[@role='summarization']">
  <fo:block font-size="14pt" font-style="italic">
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </fo:block>
</xsl:template>