Re: Conditional text with profiling

lugzug@lenin.nu wrote:
Using Docbook v4.2 XML, I understand that I can do conditional text with
profiling. I have a couple questions:

1. Is the 'condition' attribute appropriate for this?
I use it. TDG says: "Condition is a general-purpose effectivity attribute with no specified semantics. Many DocBook users observed that in order to add an effectivity condition that was unique to their environment required ‘abusing’ the semantics of one of the existing attributes, or adding their own, making their customization an extension rather than a subset."

2. If I just have a couple words, or a part of a single sentence that I
would like to have conditional, it seems like overkill to have two
different <para>s. Is there an element that I can use, whose sole purpose
is to mark a bit of text with a profile target, yet not preclude any
children elements from being used?
Use <phrase>

Camille.