Re: The Gmane mail gateway.

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, sb at dod dot no wrote:

>> Has anybody subscribed to the gmane.org newserver?
>
> Sure.  I use it almost exclusively to read mailing lists, including
> this one.
>
> I'm currently subscribed to both docbook and docbook-apps, with
> /dev/null'ing of all received mail from the list, just to be able to
> post.
>
> It would be very nice to be able to avoid this, and just post through
> gmane.
>
> So I'm in favour of this proposal.

Using Gmane, I was lurking on this group for awhile just gleaming
information.  Then, I needed to ask a question and gmane rejected me
based on the policies of this group.  So, I had to sign up.

Now, I've sent 2 or 3 messages to this group and each time I get 4 or 5
"unknown senders" or "I'm out of the office" ...  Arghhh!!!

I also have to download everything through POP instead of contacting a
server :-( For this, I will have to check into the post I saw yesterday
where you can ask the administrator to not send you mail but allow you
to post.  Then I could just set up Gnus to mail when I reply from the
Gmane docbook group.  (I'd still get those extraneous rejections though)

--
Galen deForest Boyer