Re: [docbook] DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 18 Mar 2003

Yet another 2 cents (Canadian, at that :-)

This thread has been quite entertaining and educational.  I appreciate
the desire to make things easy to learn, but in light of the paradigm
shift that must take place when moving from HTML to DocBook, learning a
few more (meaningful) tagnames and how to apply them (within their
consistent framework) seems inconsequential, as Mr. Kosek has pointed
out.

I would agree more with the arguments in favor of the simplicity of
supporting one table model, of aiming for 100% consistency (for <title>
etc.), and of having meaningful tagnames.

I notice that most members of the committee are "willing" to include the
XHTML table model, but that wording gives me the feeling that not all of
them are demanding it.

It wouldn't hurt or help me very much if the TC agreed to include the
XHTML model, but I don't think it's vitally necessary, nor do I believe
it to be particularly consistent with the intent of DocBook.

Cheerio!

Bob

Robert McIlvride (robert at cogent dot ca)
Cogent Real-Time Systems (www.cogent.ca)