[docbook] HTML BR tags

Hi,
	I am generating a DocBook XML file which I need to convert to HTML.  In the
output HTML, I need to have a <br> tag appear.  From reading
http://www.docbook.org/tdg/en/html/ch02.html#d0e5767 and the archives, there
are several possible ways to insert a linebreak into the output HTML.  It
seems to me that this is a very common problem for those need to generate
HTML from DocBook, and so would benefit from some sort of recommended or
standard solution.  Is such a concept upcoming in future revisions of
DocBook?
	If not, perhaps one possible solution would be to coerce a common attribute
of literallayout for this purpose.  For example, <literallayout
role="linebreak" /> might be used as a common expression for the HTML br
tag.

Thanks
Dave Viner