[docbook] NNTP Threads into docbook?

We have an internal newserver that has almost completely replaced email
and email lists, (pats himself on the back).  We also have docbook as
our documentation standard for our subsidiary of the company I'm working
for (pats himself on the back).  Now, what I'd like to do is tie the
newsgroup to the documentation.  I'd like to be able to reference some
newsgroup article id and have some process retrieve it and then slap a
set of docbook tags around it.  Maybe, qandset, maybe appendix, maybe
just straight CDATA.  Anyways, what I'm really trying to do is directly
turn conversations into documentation when the documentor decides a
particular conversation is relevant.  This way, the chosen articles are
at the discretion of the documentor, but our electronic communication
vehicle can also be used to capture documentation.  Just like you talk
to someone in the hall and go change the spec, I'd like to "talk" to
anybody in our enterprise and be able to have that as footnotes, or
whatever.

Anyways, is anybody doing anything similar.  Thoughts?

Thanks.

--
Galen deForest Boyer