[docbook] [Website] Summary tag

Hi,

I create my webpages with help of WebsiteDTD and I use on every page the summary tag. The stylesheets generate out of this an description for links in the menu. Nice, but If the text in the summary element contains newlines, the link description will also contain newlines and not needed spaces. At times some browsers misunderstand the generated description and show another char, which is similar to a box. How can I remove newlines from the summary, so that they don't appear in the link description?

Bye

Oliver Fischer