[docbook] Supporting several languages

Hello,

I have a projects where I need to support a few pieces of documentation in several languages (nothing fancy here: english, french, german...).

I'm wondering about the best way to support a single document in multiple langages. The simplest way would be to use a file for each version, but I'm thinking that using a single document for each language would be easier to support. In this context, each paragraph and title would be tagged with its language. Example:

<section>

<para>
<en>Some random text</en>
<fr>Du texte aleatoire</fr>
</para>

</section>

Then I would use a simple XSLT stylesheet to filter out all languages but one. I know about the lang tag, but it doesn't really works in my case, since I want to put several versions of a document in the same file.

Advantages:
-- Less duplication of markup.
-- Easier to keep the different versions in sync.

Drawbacks:
-- More complex to manage if several people are working on the document at the same time: they must use CVS.
-- More complex to compile.

Comments? Problems I've overlooked?

Best Regards,
David Garnier