Re: [docbook] Re: docbook v4.2

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 06:03:27PM -0500, Bob Confiant wrote:
> Hello:
>
> There is an error in the file "calstblx.dtd". I get the message: "The
> entity %ho is used but not defined."
>
> In the section:
>

> <!-- This module contains the definitions for the CALS Table Model
>      converted to XML.
> -->
>
> <!-- These definitions are not directly related to the table model, but
> are
>      used in the default CALS table model and are usually defined
> elsewhere
>      (and prior to the inclusion of this table module) in a CALS DTD.
> -->
>
> <!ENTITY % bodyatt "">
> <!ENTITY % secur "">
>
> <!-- no if zero(s),
>
> <!ENTITY % ho ""> needs to be added since it is used further down the
> page.
>
> ..
>
> <!ELEMENT table %ho; (%tbl.table.mdl;)>
>
> Regards,
> Bob Confiant
> Corel Corportation.
> (604) 430-1966 x4418

Hi,
The %ho; parameter entity is declared in the docbookx.dtd
file.  It is declared before dbpoolx.mod is pulled in,
which in turn pulls in calstblx.dtd.

If you are trying to use the calstblx.dtd by itself,
it won't work as written.  It is meant to be pulled
in by docbookx.dtd, the main driver file.

If you are using the docbookx.dtd file, then I have to
ask what software is parsing the DTD?

Hope this helps.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com