[docbook] Re: Transitioning SGML docbook to XML, preserving formatting

[ Repost, unsigned. Signing seems to cause the OASIS list manager to have fits. ]

/ Adriaan de Groot <adridg@cs.kun.nl> was heard to say:
| 1) <colspec colwidth="2in"> doesn't seem to affect the HTML output at all
| unless I set <xsl:param name="use.extensions">1</xsl:param>,  in which case I
| get the error message
|
| No adjustColumnWidths function available.

You have to use Saxon or Xalan (and I'm not sure Xalan support is working in the
very latest Xalan builds) to get extension functions. And you have to put the
appropriate .jar file on your classpath. Look in the extensions directory in the
stylesheet distribution.

| 2) <sidebar> elements were surrounded by a border in the jade output. Is there
| a way to copy this behavior?

I didn't consciously change that. I suppose the DSSSL stylesheets put sidebars
in a table. The HTML ones could do that too. File an RFE?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Everything should be made as
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | simple as possible, but no simpler.
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |