From: "Robin Rosenberg" <robin.rosenberg@dewire.com>
To: <docbook@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2004 1:05 PM
Subject: Re: [docbook] Change proposal for swedish localization

The translation depends on the context. I only use a fraction of docbook
so I'm not sure of all places where it occurs in docbook. Examples would
help.

"Obs." or  "Observera" is often used to call the readers attention in
swedish
text, where "Note" would be used in english.

Observera: Samma ord översätts olika i olika sammanhang.
Notera: Samma ord översätts olika i olika sammanhang.
Not: Samma ord översätts olika i olika sammanhang.

-- robin

fredagen den 30 januari 2004 14.58 skrev Kenneth Johansson:
> Hi,
>
> I have a change proposal for the swedish localization of DocBook:
>
>    <l:gentext key="NOTE" text="NOTERA"/>
>    <l:gentext key="Note" text="Notera"/>
>    <l:gentext key="note" text="Notera"/>
>
> The current text "Not" can very easily be taken for the english "not" and
> make readers confused. The new text is also a better translation.

To unsubscribe from this list, send a post to
docbook-unsubscribe@lists.oasis-open.org, or visit
http://www.oasis-open.org/mlmanage/.