Re: [docbook] Prosposed changes to Programlisting

I do not find the idea of a "filecontent" element to be useful. It feels too generic. For instance, not all files contain content that should be processed as literallayout. Hell, not all files can even be included in DocBook. I've recently been working with the XML conformance test suites and having a hell of a time with files that are deliberately broken by containing XML illegal characters such as null.

I suspect perhaps something more specific is meant here, like "textfile". I'd like to see a more careful elaboration of the use cases before any changes were made.
--

  Elliotte Rusty Harold
  elharo@metalab.unc.edu