Re: [docbook] Modifying Chapter Title Format

You should take a look at the template named 'component.title'
in fo/component.xsl.  The titlepage.templates.xml specification
file specifies that this template should be used to process chapter
and other component titles.

I would suggest you change titlepage.templates.xml to call
a new template such as 'chapter.title' instead of component.title,
and add the 'chapter.title' named template to your customization
layer.  It needs to generate three fo:blocks stacked one
after another for 'Chapter', '5', and the title, and
with the text-align="right" property set.
You can add any other attributes you feel necessary to format
the title as well.  Inside each fo:block template, you call
templates to generate the text for that block.

To generate the word 'Chapter', you want to call the template
named 'gentext' with a parameter named 'key' whose value is
the string  'chapter'.
That will look up the generated text label in the right language.

<xsl:call-template name="gentext">
  <xsl:with-param name="key" select="'chapter'"/>
</xsl:call-template>

To generate the chapter number, use apply-templates with mode="label.mode"

<xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="label.markup"/>

To generate the chapter title, use:

<xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="title.markup"/>

Hope this helps.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting