Re: [docbook] inserting general entities

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 12:31:06PM -0700, Ren? Hach? wrote:
> This leads me to ask if there is an XML editor that is best with DocBook
> since I going to be spending lots of time in it. Anything in particular that
> you pros like to use? The cheaper the better (hence why I am using xmlspy
> home edition) but if I need to pay to have something validate I will. Also,
> what does "PI" mean in Jirka's statement?

I really like the XMLmind XML Editor[0].  The standard edition is free
(as in beer, not speech).  It comes out of the box with support for
DocBook and XHTML, although it is intended to be able to author
arbitrary XML formats.  I have found both its documentation and support
to be of a very high quality.  The standard edition validates using
DTDs, and hence is not namespace-aware.  The professional edition
validates using XML Schemas and is namespace-aware (and how I salivate
at the thought of being able to use it).

Take care,

    John L. Clark

[0] http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/