Re: [docbook] inserting general entities

On Thu 2004-06-17 René Haché wrote:
> This leads me to ask if there is an XML editor that is best with
> DocBook since I going to be spending lots of time in it.

I enjoy Vim

  http://www.pinkjuice.com/howto/vimxml/

others like Emacs (eg with nXML), or Oxygen

  http://norman.walsh.name/2004/01/22/oxygen

Googling for "XML editor" should bring lots of useful info.

I can not recommend XML Spy, I experienced data loss, and I was not
happy with the way they handled such a severe bug (keeping it secret).
Also, it runs on just one OS AFAIK.

> [...] Also, what does "PI" mean in Jirka's statement?

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#sec-pi

Tobi

  bi
    as