Re: [docbook] SGML support

On Mon, 2004-12-20 at 16:58 -0500, Norman Walsh wrote:

> The current 4.X line only supports SGML in a few small ways: it
> supports some forms of tag minimization and a few inclusions and
> exclusions. It's not clear to me that there's value in trying to
> preserve this support in the V5.0 line.
>
> The TC would very much like the community's feedback on these plans.

I was really quite surprised to learn that the Linux community seems
still to be using SGML and DSSSL with docbook, I could speculate why,
but it seems pointless.
  The default docbook tools delivered with redhat, and Fedora, appear
to be based on that lineage.

Since (AFAIK) they haven't been updated, unless they are done by
Linux people, for some time, I guess they won't hurt, i.e. just
continue with a static build standard?

--
Regards,

Dave Pawson