Re: [docbook] What tags to use (formated text) ?

Dave Pawson wrote:

Since people are asking for more literature based markup, has the tc
considered a sane system of extension to address *some* of these,
particularly with Relax NG on the starting blocks?

I don't think that TC will manage such extensions by itself, but in Relax NG it will be really easy to create such extensions. I hope that TC will produce some sort of tutorial about extending and subsetting of DocBook (something very similar to the corresponding chapter of DocBook Definitive Guide which is based on SGML DTDs not on XML and Relax NG).

Meanwhile people interested in seeing how easy is to extend grammars based on DocBook in RELAX NG can see the following paper:

http://www.idealliance.org/papers/dx_xmle04/papers/03-08-01/03-08-01.html