Re: [docbook] Re: formal objects in docbook 5

Norman Walsh wrote:

The advantage of the role attribute is that you don't have to change
the stylesheets or editing tools. If you're happy to write your own
stylesheet customizations, adding a 'requirement' as a peer to
paragraph would be dead easy:

include "docbook.rnc"

db.para.blocks |= my.requirement

  my.requirement = element requirement {
     db.para.attlist,
     db.para.info,
     (db.all.inlines | db.nopara.blocks)*
  }

yeah, that's exactly what I'm looking for. The question about formal objects in this context was about whether and how such an extension could be made compatible with existing templates (where possible), i.e. for example whether there was a way to make 'requirement' a 'formal object' in the sense that it becomes possible to generate 'list of requirements' etc.

| PS: FWIW, I find the 'readyset' project at http://readyset.tigris.org/
|      quite intriguing, but I think it should be done with docbook, not
|      xhtml :-)

I'm hardly likely to disagree :-)

I do not doubt it :-)

Regards,