[docbook] markup for differentiating classes of the same element in generatedoutput

Hi list,

I have 2 classes of tables that I want to style differently with CSS in my HTML output. How can I achieve this with docbook?

Currently, I use the id attribute on the table element, which gets transformed into an HTML anchor with a name attribute. I use the presence of the anchor in my CSS to apply the 2nd style. Of course, this is a big hack, which I don't like. Once I really need to link a table, this workaround fails. Plus, it doesn't scale at all.

So what's the best way for marking up different classes of the same element?

Thanks for your help. Patrick