Re: [docbook] .NET transform

Blanchet, Jordan wrote:
Hi there, I've searched the net for the last 4 hours with this question but
can't seem to get a definitive answer, and I know that someone has probably
posted this message to the mailing list in the past, but I searched the
archives and still came up empty handed.  Right now I'm using the DocBook
through a C# program that creates an entire online help site.  This is good,
but currently I have to call instant saxon and pass in the parameters etc,
because the .NET XSL transformer...well sucks.  I created this software
about a year ago though, before .NET SP 1 was out and some other work has
been done in this area and I had heard some rumours that it was now a
possibility to transform my xml, using the Docbook xsl, directly with the
.NET framework instead of calling saxon up.  Can anyone confirm this? Or at
least provide an alternative that I can call through a binary? (I have seen
Saxon.NET and am working with that, but don't want to import the java class
files) Maybe something with the new MSXML 4 SP2? Any help would be greatly
appreciated, thanks.

AFAIK you can use non-chunking stylesheet with XSLT engine provided .NET Framework 1.1. However chunking stylesheet still doesn't work because MS guys have too restricted interpretation of <xsl:apply-imports/>.