Re: [docbook] Re: DocBook Annotations

John L. Clark wrote:

I know this ground has been covered before, but I still think an
attribute is more appropriate for this type of annotation.  I think the

Unfortunately this is not an option due I18N issues. Even if you know that you don't want to explicitly structure annotation content anymore you might be forced to use I18N markup like Ruby annotations or bi-di markup. For this reason it is not considered as a good design to allow free-text in attributes. You should store such content inside elements and attributes should be used only for values for which you have codelists or for values that or of some well-constrained type like number, date, zip code.

Jirka