[docbook] nested reference

Hi,

I believe this question was raised in the past, but I could not find where it
lead to.

I have a set of refentry sections (man pages) of an extensive library I'm
developing. Each refentry page has a logical connection to a set of other
manpages (they document, for example, a set of classes defined in the same
namespace). I would like very much to keep that logical relation in the
documentation, so I need a way to group refentry sections, where each
refentry group may contain another refentry group because in my library I
also have nested namespaces.

What I did, and apparentely works for html output, is to nest reference
sections, like this:

	<refentry>...</refentry>
	<refentry>...</refentry>
		<refentry>...</refentry>
		<refentry>...</refentry>
	</reference>
</reference>

but unfortunately I believe that since this is not officially supported, pdf
output gets scrambled.

I know I may use <refentry> inside <section>, but creating the reference tree
with sections and subsections doesn't seem the right way. Is it the only way?

thanks
Marco
--
Marco Correia <mvc@netcabo.pt>