From: "Jirka Kosek" <jirka@kosek.cz>
To: "Tomas HAJEK" <tomas.hajek@st.com>
Cc: "DocBook Mail List" <docbook@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2005 6:11 AM
Subject: Re: [docbook] <productname class="???">

Tomas HAJEK wrote:

> is there any particular philosophic reason, why the enumerated values of
> the "class" attribute of the "productname" element don't contain "none"?
> I can imagine many products, which have not assigned a trademark,
> copyright neither are registered marks.
> For these one cannot use the default TM sign (class="trade"), as it is
> not legal, IMHO.

The aim of productname is to capture product names that act as
trademarks in order to list them in the trademark disclaimer. In many
cases you can use application element to mark software and also
*hardware* products without saying anything about their copyright or
trademark status.

If using application element is not option for you, then you can create
new DocBook RFE at:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=384107&group_id=21935&func=browse

Please provide example about intended usage and describe why other
DocBook markup is not suitable in your particular cases. Based on this
input DocBook TC might extend list of values permitted on class
attribute or come with other solution.

Jirka

   Profesionální ¹kolení a poradenství v oblasti technologií XML.
      Podívejte se na ná¹ novì spu¹tìný web http://DocBook.cz
        Podrobný pøehled ¹kolení http://xmlguru.cz/skoleni/