Re: host tool to control RedBoot

Mark Salter wrote:
I've thrown together a fairly simple utility which I use
to download images to RedBoot. It runs on Linux (a port
to cygwin should be straightforward) and you can use it
to download an image to RAM/flash over serial or tcp with
a single command from a shell prompt. It uses xyzModem
over serial or ethernet, so no tftp server is needed.
Does it indirectly invoke "sx" possibly with "--tcp-server"? I'd hope so, because of having a different x/y-modem ipmlementation to maintain might be annoying :-).

Its in an ugly state right now, but I'm thinking of cleaning
it up and adding it to CVS under the ecos/host hierarchy. Does
this sound like something others would be interested in?
It sounds potentially interesting - certainly it might be something to point people at when they have problems with any of the other routes, although I think _strictly_ the most appropriate place for it would be in a new redboot/current/host/ directory, since it is associated with the redboot package. Go for it. If you haven't already, and I just haven't read enough mail yet :-).

Jifl
--[ can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln ]-- Opinions==mine