Re: IDE for Ecos

Iztok Zupet wrote:
On Wednesday 05 November 2003 17:18, Jonathan Larmour wrote:

This is commercial, but eCosCentric has an IDE that may be available for
your chosen platform: http://www.ecoscentric.com/press-030901.shtml

Hello,

If You mean Eclipse in there, I'd like to know if it is already compiled using gcj (I've read that gcj with some RedHat patches applied already compiles Eclipse) or one needs a java VM to run it?

I understand we're using a Java VM at the moment (and performance is pretty reasonable actually), but we may switch to a compiled version eventually. I think, but might be misremembering, that the changes to allow compilation with gcj were relatively recent, and there was concern that gcj was actually slower than a java VM. But don't take my word for it :-).

The performance is perfectly fine with the java VM though - that's how I've been using it.

Jifl