RE: Porting question

Hey, I said one could make the case... I didn't say anything about actually
doing it. ;^)

Looking at what's currently in the source tree, there's very little that's
related directly to the LH754xx series.  The AEB-1 involves a Sharp LH77790
CPU, but the features on that one are notably different (it has cache, for
one thing).  Also, there's a lot of stuff defined in the source code that
should be in header files (see aeb_misc.c).

I'm going to use the CDL for the ARM integrator -- since that guy is also an
ARM7TDMI core with no cache unit -- and go from there.  I'll probably define
the register locations, masks, settings, etc. using a style similar to
hal_sa11x0.h.  I really like that header style; the ability to use the
header for both C and assembly preprocessing is very cool.

The data sheet for the LH75401 is actually a multi-purpose data sheet; it
describes the workings of the LH75400, LH75401, LH75410, and LH75411 in
parallel.  The most obvious differences seem to relate to the capabilities
of the on-board video controller.  So I think we can safely lump those cores
together.  And those four products are the only ones that start with a
prefix of "LH754", so... what I'm looking at is:

../hal/arm/lh754xx/var/current/... for the CDL, headers, & code common to
the LH754xx series of microprocessors
../hal/arm/lh754xx/zoom/current/... for the CDL, headers, & code specific to
our Zoom DevKit product

Raise objections if you got 'em!

Thanks for your time, everbody...

--Gary Parnes