Re: AW: WLAN on eCos (HW/SW design)

Thanks Adrian, it sure helps!. The pre-req for the
driver to work is having wireless extensions present
in eCos kernel, just as the linux kernel needs to be
built with CONFIG_NET_RADIO and CONFIG_NET_WIRELESS
enabled.
-Weqaar Janjua

--- Adrian Caceres <alicaceres@verizon.net> wrote:

---------------------------------
    You could port the mad-wifi driver that is
avaialble for BSD to ECOS. Ecos already supports BSD
drivers so it shouldn't
be that hard.

-adrian

Weqaar Janjua wrote:

Native WLAN implementation in eCos IP stack
involvesre-engineering linux-WLAN....any ideas on this
part?Well two solutions that I can think of at this
point:1)re-engineer linux-WLAN (requires lot of
time!!!)2)my original idea of a daughter board with an
MCUrunning a version of linux that supports WLAN; thus
itacts as a transparent bridge for native eCos IP
stack;but this won't be a native WLAN impl. for eCos
:<Thanks,Weqaar Janjua--- "Neundorf,
Alexander"<Alexander.Neundorf@jenoptik.com> wrote:

that I could use but my point is not just to get

the

thing running!; to learn how to make my own!Since at
this point nobody came up with a 802.11solution for
eCos(to my knowledge and research),

so I

have an opportunity to come up with something new.As I
see the problem, I think a ethernet(802.3) to802.11b
bridge is required(since/till eCos does

not

have a WLAN package available to it) -> a
daughterboard with a MCU that runs on its own ip
stack,

sayWell, a native WLAN implementation for eCos would
bea nice thing, too :-)ByeAlex

only the mail you want - Yahoo! Mail
SpamGuard.http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail