V2 flash

After 20 patches on the V2 branch in a few days, people may be glad to
know that I have finished for now. There are still some parts of the
code that can be improved, but those can wait. The main job that needs
doing now is to update the documentation, and I'll try to get that
done in the near future.

Although I have tested the changes as best I can with the hardware
readily available, the changes are extensive. Realistically I'll have
broken one or two things here or there. If anybody can do some more
testing on their hardware, I would be grateful.

Bart