RE: Redhat booting Linux - newbie question

Thanks Weqaar.

1) I have tried the Srecord part. I tried building the Srecord image but
it
   is hanging the whole board. Nothing is displayed on the console, I
feel
   there could be some porting issues or it could be that my building
   steps are not proper or might be the board in my hand isn't working
   properly.

2) The kernel is configured for the following:

    a) Platform support is for ADS8260
    b) RAM Disk support and default ram disk size is 8192
    c) Initial ram disk support
    d) Support for console on virtual terminal
    e) standard/generic (8250/16550 and compatible UARTs)
    f) Support for console on serial port
    g) Ext3 journaling file system support.
    h) /proc file system support
    i) Enable SCC console
    j) Zlib decompression support
    k) Include KGDB support

3) I do a make dep, make zImage.initrd
   for converting the kernel into a srec image I do
         ppc_82xx-objcopy -O srec zImage.initrd

4) Anybody can share a working kernel for the Rattler board so that I
can
   zero in on the problem.

With Best Regards,
C.R.Srivatsan