AW: Suggest some project idea for our contribution to eCos community

> Von: Andrew Lunn [mailto:andrew@lunn.ch]
>
> Come on Alex. These are three final year Computer Engineering students
> with 100 hours each. The only thing you listed that would be possible
> is the ftp-server.

Well, they asked for work ;-)

> Two more sensible suggestions:
>
> There was recently two contributions of a pipe device, which
> implements something very similar to Unix FIFO's and a pseudo tty
> device. Im in the process of cleaning them up and committing
> them. What would be useful is to write an ssh daemon and telnet daemon
> which sits on top of the master side of the pty. The problem with this
> tasks is there is little to do with actually embedded hardware. So you
> supervisor may reject the ideas.

How about these:

-implement unicode for microwindows
-I heard that there must have been some GUI memory layout tool in ecos 1.x which hasn't made it to 2.x, work on this one
-work on kernel instrumentation, the docs say it will be improved and host-side tools will be implemented somewhen in the future, but it hasn't happened yet (AFAIK)

Bye
Alex