Re: error in linking libraies with application

On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 10:41:16AM +0530, Devendra wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 11:56:26 +0100, Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 04:20:59PM +0530, Devendra wrote:
> > > hello everyone,
> > >  i am new buddy in ecos world. i have downloaded ecos-1.3.1-1.i386.rpm
> > > from ecos homesite.and running it in redhat linux 9.
> >
> > 1.3.1 is ancient. I suggest you upgrade to a newer version. See
> >
> > http://ecos.sourceware.org/getstart.html
> >
> > A newer version will also fix your linker errors.
> >
> >        Andrew
> >

> as you said we have downloaded the eCos 2.0.
>
> now tried to "make" install tree for i386 pc target with default template.
> there is error during make . i tried both with configtool as well as
> ecosconfig .error appears to be samei couldn't get it's meaning .
>
> somebody please help me in solving that.
>
> attached is the output at my console
>
> ~ Devendra

> root@localhost yogi]# ecosconfig new pc
> [root@localhost yogi]# ecosconfig tree

Basic securtiy tip. Don't use root! The only time you should be logged
in as root is to install and configure software. Your day to day
normal work should be done with a normal user account.

My guess is you did not start from a clean directory. You now have a
mix of 1.3.1 and 2.0 in your work directory, which is not going to
work. rm -fr your work directory and start again.

You might also find that v2.0 is too old as well, depending on your
toolchain. You might need anoncvs.

        Andrew