Guidance porting AT91sam7

Hi, I am attempting a port of an ATMEL AT91SAM7A2 uP.

The sam7s and sam7x ports seems the closest to what I need (but still = with quite a few differences).=20 With starting this port I would like some guidance in the format that = the port must be according to =93your=94 standards with regards to = directory structure and which layers to implement. The current structure = is as follows with my recommendations next to them: =20

ARM arch layer	- great keep as is
AT91 var layer =96 this layer contains a lot of platform specific info = specifically for AT91SAM7 series (for instance in var_io.h ) =96 why = here, can=92t it be moved to the platform specific source (plf_io.h)? Or = shall I rather=20 say how must I approach this to get the anonymous sources changed? I = think it will make things more structured and when I want to port the =
AT91SAM7A2 series I only need to do platform changes and not variant = changes as well.
AT91SAM7S   - How do you want the directory structure and why call the =
directory at91sam7s (and not at91sam7) when the x series is implemented = in it as well and the variant name it resides under is at91sam7=20 (CYGPKG_HAL_ARM_AT91SAM7). Now must the new port be made alongside the = at91sam7s platform or completely independent from the existing port? How = must this be done so that they will add the new port to the anonymous = cvs format wise etc?

Can anyone give me some guidance on how to attempt this specific port? =20

Regards
Hendrik Meiring
MScEng student at the University of Stellenbosch South Africa