Re: "usbhid-ups" programing problem...

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 11:17:19AM -0400, Frank Pagliughi wrote:
> Andrew Lunn wrote:
>> eCos is rather lacking in USB examples. Nobody contributes back there
>> USB class drivers.
>>

> I'm actually going to be using eCos again pretty soon, and have been
> digging through some of my old stuff, including a nearly finished driver
> for the Philips/NXP ISP1181 chip, which I promised to submit two years
> ago.

It is probably worth looking at the assignments stuff. You will need
an FSF assignment before we can accept these contributions.

> Maybe I can start with a few simple examples, like usb serial or a
> usb printer. Where would they go?

A CDC serial driver would be good. I would put it in

packages/io/usb/serial/slave/

> For that matter, the usb subsystem could use a bit of an upgrade to make
> drivers easier to write.

Others have said that as well. But it needs somebody to actually do
it. A lot depends on the complexity of the driver. I recently wrote a
simple driver and a Linux kernel counterpart without too much effort.

        Andrew