Re: Strange buildsystem behaviour

Does anybody have a hint for me ? How can I get the code linked when it
is in platform.S ?

The dependancy rules don't always work for some special files, eg vectors.S. However, if the object file is getting into libtarget.a, it should all work. The only exception would be if nothing actually uses symbols you added, then the linker is expected not to link your code....

I read about this and added a KEEP() around the regarding input sections, but it should not matter in this case, because for the variant.S file it works.

Is this really reproducible? If you rm -fr your work tree and build
everything from clean, can you reproduce the problem?

Yes, I can reproduce it. Just now it did 2 tests:

rm -rf *
ecosconfig new skmb91302 redboot
ecosconfig tree
make

Code is in when it is in variant.S, after that the same procedure with the code in platform.S and the code is not there.

Lars