Re: i2c driver for at91sam7x

On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 08:39:23PM +0530, vibisreenivasan wrote:
> hello,
> 	Is there any one working on i2c bus driver for at91sam7x.

I know eCosCentric have one, but you need to pay for that.

Other people have mentioned writing i2c drivers as well.

However, you need to be careful. The i2c hardware is broken. The Linux
kernel marks it as such. See:

http://www.at91.com/samphpbb/viewtopic.php?t=4665&sid=1032a7cdc95b571dc784adb204d78d33

>From what i understand, if you are doing transfers of 1 byte, it is
O.K, but multiple byte transfers can break.

Writing a GPIO based driver should be reasonably easy as far as i
understand and does not suffer from these problems.

        Andrew