Re: lwIP

On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 14:49 -0500, Frank Pagliughi wrote:
> Simon Kallweit wrote:
> > Simon Kallweit wrote:

> > I just had a quick look of the lwIP in the current ECOS version. It
> > differs just very slightly from the actual lwIP 1.1.1 release, not
> > many changes. I guess an update to a more recent lwIP version should
> > be pretty simple and straight forward. I'll start working on it in
> > around a week, have to get my GSM modem working first :)

I have been trying on and off tp port lwip 1.3.0 to ecos. The current
version has a serious memory leak when under fire and also does not
honor the backlog parameter for lwip_listen and lwip_accept mechanisms.

In 1.3.0 the init part of the lwIP source has been greatly improved and
now works well to initialise the lwIP stack but is of course now
completely incompatible with the existing eCos port. The sys_arch API
has been update as well to counetr the aforementioned memory leaks.

I am also not sure what to do really with the IPv6 and IPv4 config
options for the lwIP stack.

I have compiled the test cases with the new 1.3.0 source but I  still
can not get any of them to run on the Linux synth target. Some of it is
actualy me learning the synth target as I go along as well as me not
really having any time to spend on this other than time set aside out of
curiosity.

John Eigelaar